I came across this recipe on Baking Vintage whilst I was doing some research for uni. I don’t think I’ve come across a recipe that is so easy, if you don’t try this, you’re missing out on a little piece of heaven. This cookies and cream recipe is a traditional American recipe made with everybody’s favourite Oreo cookies, it goes way back to the 1970s and is a spin on the very vintage dessert of cookies and cream. Oreo was originally a cookie and cream ice cream, made by Huggs McShane in Oregon, hence the name “Oreo”!
This recipe makes around 18 mini cheesecakes. You will need:
– 24 Oreos. (18 for the crust, 6 to be chopped)
– 1 pound (450g) cream cheese, room temperature
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup sour cream (not non-fat)
-Pinch of Salt
– Food Mixer
1. Preheat the oven to 275˚F. Place cupcake cases into two standard-sized muffin tins. Put an Oreo cookie to serve as the crust in each case and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the remaining six Oreo cookies to be folded into the cheesecake batter. Set aside for later.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the mixer until it is very smooth, using a spatula to scrape down the sides as needed for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well for at least another minute.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping after each egg is added to ensure a smooth batter.
6. Add the sour cream and salt. Mix for an additional minute then fold in chopped Oreos.
7. Portion the cheesecake batter into the Oreo lined cupcake cases.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until filling is set.
9. Cool completely at room temperature and then chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge before serving.
I’m just going to say sorry for not taking step-by-step pics, I was too eager to get them made!
Are you going to make some Mini Oreo Cheesecakes?